In the beginning, the Ask Different blog was only used to distribute podcast episodes.
Then we expanded to text articles.
Now we're expanding to videos.
As of today, the Ask Different blog has a Vimeo account where we will be posting videos. We'll be starting with screencasts, and hopefully moving to other kinds of videos (hardware reviews, unboxings, iPhone release day footage, etc).
The first video has just been published. You can see it here.
If you're interested in contributing screencasts or have any questions, let me know! Post an answer to this question or ping me in the Blog chat room.
Here's how the process works.
- You, community member, create an awesome screencast of your Mac or iOS device (or other video).
- You get in touch with me so we can transfer the video file via your preferred method.
- I process the video, do any necessary editing, and add our fancy Ask Different Blog intro and outro.
- You create a blog post with a short writeup for your video.
- When the time comes, I upload the video and publish the blog post.
If you're interested in playing around or processing your own screencasts, you can download the template iMovie project and event. Place the project in
~/Movies/iMovie Projects and the event in