I'm a 70's baby. I'm a geek, in the best sense of the word.
I've progressed "up the communications stack" (think the TCP/IP stack) over the past 14 years:
- I studied electronic engineering
- I spent years wrestling with search engine spiders analysing web traffic before it was called Web Analytics
- I built and tested opto-electronic circuitry in chemistry research, then integrated those circuitry with Lego Mindstorms on MIT Media Lab projects
- I spent 5 years working in systems, network and infrastructure administration for various IT and Internet companies
- I spent 7 years working in mobile telecommunications services building mobile Internet networks.
- I am now working in information architecture, interaction design and human computer systems (HCI).
My favourite word is why. I'm skeptical. I like the outdoors, but live in cities.
I ride my bike, take photographs, travel as much as possible, drink good wine and eat good food, and talk too much.
Top Network Posts
- 20Homemade bicycle degreaser liquids
- 18Can someone give me a short description and comparison of the different road cycling pedal / shoe systems?
- 14Is it possible to start Teamviewer, to accept connections, from commandline?
- 10Should I tune up or replace bike?
- 7Whats the best way to represent private pages in an information architecture map?
- 6How often should I change my bikeshoe cleats?
- 6"Proper" cycling posture on a road bike with drop bars?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.