I own a short-run publishing company with in-house digital printing that specializes in memoirs and hard-bound heirloom books. I sweep the floors and handle our IT needs. My passion for computers has grown since my first exposure to a friend's TI99/4A so many years ago. Over the years I have professionally dabbled in graphic design (Illustrator), photo retouching (Photoshop and Pixelmator), page layout (InDesign), web design (text editors and Coda for PHP, SASS and some other programming tools), MySQL, high-quality color correct digital printing via Fiery,
To me, interface design, programming, graphic design, printed items, websites, ebooks are all just facets of good ole fashioned communication. Done well, the communication medium should be invisible, allowing the message to stand firm. When designing and creating heirloom books for publication, I look for rules-based execution balanced with elegance and flair, breaking rules when appropriate for the message and medium.
Top Network Posts
- 14Wi-Fi connection randomly disconnects on 2012 MacBook Air
- 10Why is it that my Mac would rather swap than clear inactive memory?
- 6Reinstall Mac OS X Mountain Lion before selling a Mac
- 5How can I delete photos from camera roll and leave in an album?
- 5Can we upgrade PowerPC Macs to OS X 10.7 now that 10.8 is out?
- View more network posts →